Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Becoming Someone Else...

It doesn't take much for me to become someone else. Yesterday, I was a shy lesbian with muscle problems. Mom, it's not permanent, this is not my way of "coming out"...it was just from 1pm to 4:30 pm! This is one of my favorite acting gigs...the standardized patient program at Duke is amazing. It teaches the students how to interact with patients as human beings and not just cases. You think that doctors are born with an innate ability to relate to patients, believe me, that is NOT the case. Not only do I get to do something that I love by acting, but I really feel that I am helping to shape these medical students into compassionate future doctors. Plus for acting and plus for creating a better world...just one student at a time. Whew...it's hard work changing the world!!

1 comment:

  1. that actually sounds really fun....will you please tell all the actors to stop acting so ghetto in my ER please?!?!? lol

    ReplyDelete