Saturday, February 19, 2011

I Looked Like a COMPLETE Idiot!!!

I looked like a complete idiot yesterday, BUT that was the point, so I totally nailed it! How many people can say that about their work day? What fun! I drove to Charlotte yesterday for a 4 minute audition. That is correct, I drove 2 1/2 hours for a 4 minute audition. (See, it really is hard work.) You were supposed to show a celebratory dance and they wanted regular people doing it. If you know me at all, you know that I can't dance well. It was even weirder when I got into the room because there was no music. (I practiced to music.) So, when I walked in, I introduced myself and as I was walking up to my mark, I said, "You are in for a real treat because I am classically trained." "Oh, wonderful", she says. "I'm just kidding, I'm not really." She laughed - thank goodness. I wish I had the video and could show you the routine...I started out with a little shoulder shrug, then went for the Ricky Martin shake your bon bons. Next was the Carlton from Fresh Prince of Bel Air mixed in with a little heavy metal hair toss followed by cowboy guns to shoot the crowd. I may have acted like I was swimming through the air, but that part is a little fuzzy. The grand finalle was the flashdance stomp and spin and I ended with the spirit hand in front of the face and twirl. It was magnificent. I felt like Molly Shannon.

No comments:

Post a Comment