Friday, January 14, 2011

Add "Neighbor" to my acting resume

Add "neighbor" to my acting resume. We filmed on Thursday in Charlotte for the pilot episode of Homeland a new drama for the Showtime network. Getting up at 4:30 am has it's perks, no traffic on the roads. I got to the set around 5:40 am to fill out my extra voucher and set out my wardrobe choices for the costumer. Listen, this girl came prepared with my ENTIRE suitcase full of scarves, gloves, pants, suits, sweaters and coats. They said bring choices! Plus, I wasn't sure if I was playing a reporter, photographer, or a neighbor. (I'm just making excuses, I would've packed as much regardless.)

There was still snow on the ground and it was COLD for an outdoor shoot. But it was so much fun to be a part of the action. When you are watching your favorite show, you don't realize how much goes into just the first five minutes or a simple crowd scene. It's filmed from several different angles, each time focusing on some different aspect of the scene. Gives you a whole new appreciation. Anyway, I was so excited to be a part of that scene and will hopefully be called back again. Great way to earn a paycheck!

What a fun filled day! Talk about your extremes! Went from filming in Charlotte yesterday morning to the Dean Dome in Chapel yesterday evening...sports and entertainment all rolled into a perfect day!! Thanks for winning Tar Heels!!

No comments:

Post a Comment